• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Trey Burton Shines in Gator Win

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The Florida Gators defeated the Kentucky Wildcats Saturday night in the swamp for the 24th consecutive time by a final score of 48-14. The offense was led by John Brantley at QB, but it was all-around stub Trey Burton who shined in the win with 6 touchdowns. The Gator offense looked a lot better vs. Kentucky that it has in weeks past. They had 466 yards of offense and maintained a balanced attack - even without Jeff Demps performing like he has.

Like we said above, this game was all about Trey Burton. He was spectacular with 42 yards passing, 40 yards rushing (5 touchdowns) and 37 yards receiving (1 touchdown). "Trey Burton was just fantastic," coach Urban Meyer said. "There's a lot of great players that have played in this stadium. I think he broke some record. That's tremendous." This will certainly give Alabama something to think about as they prepare for the Gators this week.

Demps led the Gators in rushing with 57 yards on 8 carries. Thompson led the Gators in receiving with 5 catches for 86 yards. It was also great to see Debose get some action - he had 4 catches for 36 yards.

The defense also played well, holding Kentucky to only 14 points. Bostic and Jeremy Brown both had interceptions ... of which Browns was returned 52 yards for a touchdown. The only negative might be that the Gators only had one sack.

With the win, Urban Meyer became the sixth fastest coach to reach 100 career wins.

"I feel very blessed," Meyer said. "Thinking about some of these coaches who I've known for a long time don't get to coach players like I get to coach and don't get to coach at places like I get to coach, so I'm very humbled and appreciative and I told our players that."

The Gators now get to prepare for a road trip to Alabama for a battle with No. 1 ranked Crimson Tide.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesmyday