• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anyone going to check out the Aaron Hernandez series on FX?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
It's called the American Sports Story: Aaron Hernandez. It has Jose Andres Rivera as Hernandez. He was on the West Side Story reboot and the latest Hunger Games movie. The only actor I knew was Arnold's kid playing Tebow and that was only because he's the son of the biggest action stars of all time. I know it hits too close to home but I wanted to ask. I saw 1 1/2 episodes, I probably won't watch past episode three. I think 2 and 3 are the episodes the Gators were covered maybe a little on the first episode.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Somehow, it seems like rubbing our noses in "more bad news"--this time reminding us again of all the flaws among even some of our GOOD times...
I dunno; I might feel differently down the line, as even our "fading relevance" continues to disappear. But it has up til now never been a tale I looked get to know MORE about--nor something I particularly wanted to share widely with the world either!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Somehow, it seems like rubbing our noses in "more bad news"--this time reminding us again of all the flaws among even some of our GOOD times...
I dunno; I might feel differently down the line, as even our "fading relevance" continues to disappear. But it has up til now never been a tale I lo get to know MORE about--nor something I particularly wanted to share widely with the world either!
That is the crazy part--the Florida Gators are still relevant, which is why these kind of videos are released. Nobody is making movies about UCF's imaginary national championship because they are not relevant. Make no mistake: the UF brand is still a top-15 brand. I saw a great quote on this: "Losing is Napier's, McElwain's, and Muschamp's culture, but it is not the University of Florida's". Mullen gets a bye from the public because most of them do not know that he was under NCAA probation (a big no-no at UF) and he gave up on Stricklin.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That is the crazy part--the Florida Gators are still relevant, which is why these kind of videos are released. Nobody is making movies about UCF's imaginary national championship because they are not relevant. Make no mistake: the UF brand is still a top-15 brand. I saw a great quote on this: "Losing is Napier's, McElwain's, and Muschamp's culture, but it is not the University of Florida's". Mullen gets a bye from the public because most of them do not know that he was under NCAA probation (a big no-no at UF) and he gave up on Stricklin.
Even I had admittedly to some extent "forgotten" that...I didn't "give him a bye", but I did begin to question whether we made a positive move from he to Billy--essentially "forgetting" that we pretty well HAD to make SOME kind of "move".
But your more important points is one that has also struck ME:
YES: UF IS still "relevant nationally".
Amazing and that is, it is just as inescapeable. The whole Gator-story that has unfolded during my adulthood, from my undergrad years when Charley Pell arrived and we didn't sin a game right through probation, the eventual arrival of SS and the express-elevator to the kind of attention we STILL somehow garner despite multiple seasons of futility, the school STILL has charisma somehow--one MORE reason we can NOT get the NEXT Coaching hire wrong, for we are finally I fear on the BRINK of fumbling all that "fame and relevance" away, finally.
So that very same "strange aura" we bear must be taken into account, preserved somehow as well in that hire. It is a part of how snd WHY the NEXT Coach may well not NEED as many seasons to reshape and REBUILD this program as it might seem.
With our deep pockets, inspired and cogent use of the new rules PLUS a smarter application of the opportunities both offer now, the "right guy" might have us back in a fraction of the time once required for such a massive turnaround.
Here's hoping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesmyday