• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Preseason Predictions for 2024

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
My home brewed game calculator from last year was relatively accurate. Based on what we know right now in July 2024, I actually have the Gators going 3-9 (3-5), but I decided to override my calculator and predict 9-3 (5-3). Crazy, I know.

Miami: W19–17
Samford: W48-6
Texas A&M: W23-17
Miss St: W32-21
UCF: W24-23
Tennessee: L27-33
Kentucky: W38-21
Georgia: L21-36
Texas: L24-38
LSU: W33-30
Ole Miss: W29-21
FSU: W32-21

Here is the raw data predicting a 3-9 season.

Screenshot from 2024-06-12 17-09-39.png

Here is a tuned set of data with optimistic values used to derive the score predictions above.

Screenshot from 2024-06-12 17-38-06.png

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
My home brewed game calculator from last year was relatively accurate. Based on what we know right now in July 2024, I actually have the Gators going 3-9 (3-5), but I decided to override my calculator and predict 9-3 (5-3). Crazy, I know.

Miami: W19–17
Samford: W48-6
Texas A&M: W23-17
Miss St: W32-21
UCF: W24-23
Tennessee: L27-33
Kentucky: W38-21
Georgia: L21-36
Texas: L24-38
LSU: W33-30
Ole Miss: W29-21
FSU: W32-21

Here is the raw data predicting a 3-9 season.

View attachment 881

Here is a tuned set of data with optimistic values used to derive the score predictions above.

View attachment 882
So your "pessimistically accurate calculator" (ie. analytically driven hardware) gets overridden by your "optimistically motivated brain" (ie. emotionally driven software)--and the end result is a "Screw the logic- and crowd-driven opinions" final result: "9-and-3"?
Naturally, I find the latter endlessly more palatable. Not that any of it really seems to have much to do with our vague and confused future!
I want to "LIKE" it--but the honest, inescapeable TRUTH is that NO ONE HAS THE SLIGHTEST REAL IDEA ABOUT ANY OF IT this time.
THAT (by the way) is the crazy reality of Gator Football AND the state of our society, nation and WORLD in 2024.
Like that "3-9 vs 9-3", either extreme appears eminently possible--like almost every important question posed by us in July regarding what will be in the Fall.
Which, for me, brings us all the way back to my point in the Thread, "BEAT MIAMI":
For the moment, the best I can manage is that we damn well better focus on THAT.
AFTER that, well big surprise: It'll just have to be a matter of "week to week".

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
So your "pessimistically accurate calculator" (ie. analytically driven hardware) gets overridden by your "optimistically motivated brain" (ie. emotionally driven software)--and the end result is a "Screw the logic- and crowd-driven opinions" final result: "9-and-3"?
Naturally, I find the latter endlessly more palatable. Not that any of it really seems to have much to do with our vague and confused future!
I want to "LIKE" it--but the honest, inescapeable TRUTH is that NO ONE HAS THE SLIGHTEST REAL IDEA ABOUT ANY OF IT this time.
THAT (by the way) is the crazy reality of Gator Football AND the state of our society, nation and WORLD in 2024.
Like that "3-9 vs 9-3", either extreme appears eminently possible--like almost every important question posed by us in July regarding what will be in the Fall.
Which, for me, brings us all the way back to my point in the Thread, "BEAT MIAMI":
For the moment, the best I can manage is that we damn well better focus on THAT.
AFTER that, well big surprise: It'll just have to be a matter of "week to week".
We will learn a lot in the game against Miami, since they are basically a mirror image of the Gators: 3rd-year coach, similar talent level, similar histories.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We will learn a lot in the game against Miami, since they are basically a mirror image of the Gators: 3rd-year coach, similar talent level, similar histories.
You know, I hadn't really let that clear TRUTH manifestvin my consciousness--But it's TRUE:
In raw "literal" terms, we CURRENTLY ARE "mirror recent historic images" of each other!
When is the last time THAT was in any similar way true??!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholeJaX