• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wouldn't It Be GREAT?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
With all the messed up "OTHER CRAP" going on out there, the endless bummers in the "world at large" PLUS every potential "bring down" headed right for us like we got a target right between our collective "Gator EYES", this may be either the worst or THE PERFECT TIME to ask:
"How great would it be to see the Florida Gators come out and whip Miami to start the season, then reel off maybe another 10 or so wins to thrill and restore the fans' hope, faith and happiness--and quell the ecstatic naysayers' ongoing Gator-obituary for "a once great program"--and generally turn the college football world on its HEAD.
I'M not making any particular wild predictions here--We DO have talent all over the field coming together as a TEAM, and a collection of talented young individuals on the sidelines, up in the press box, in the training rooms and elsewhere (like out on recruiting trail) that is all beginning to tell WHERE IT COUNTS--IF they get the time AND opportunity to see it all though) to surprise a LOT of folks out there, but that isn't what I am discussing here...
No, I am simply throwing caution to the wind, asking a wild question with crazy wild fun theoretical answers:
"WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT" IF THINGS CLICKED--Came together perfectly and somewhat "prematurely" and this TEAM just started PLAYING ITS GUTS OUT, just BEATING all these highly-rated opponents on its "toughest schedule anyone can remember"???
F*ck it, my brothers:
I just FELT like it was bout time SOMEONE got us imagining, ENVISIONING THAT kind of an undeniable sharp turn upward right about now.
There'll be those who will take it the opposite way, deny even the POSSIBILITY--and I say SHAME!!! Unlikely, maybe...but I'm not doing "analysis" here. I am simply asking a fun question: "HOW GREAT WOULD IT BE?"
To see us dominate again. To be "freely substituting" in the 4th quarter while the crowd in the Swamp laughs, cheers and sings.
To shut up and SHUT DOWN all the fan bases who think "Gator Pride" is some unfounded, undeserving hype from a school that "maybe won some "big games long ago."
From a purely PRACTICAL P.O.V., it's a crazy thought, I suppose. I guess I just NEED some "CRAZY" right about now.
We all KNOW where things are really at:
We simply MUST go out and WIN GAME ONE against Miami...Then, from there we will see.
That's solid, hard reality.
But then there is the "REAL FUN"--what's BEYOND REALITY, when your team comes together and becomes MORE than the sum of its parts, begins not just to win, but to WIN TOGETHER--with each other, FOR each other; with the fans, FOR the fans.
THEN we will truly be "Gator Nation" once more.
And THAT'S not just a fantasy. The truth is, that's what we are and have been working towards. The reason I want to see Billy Napier given every chance to see this through is BECAUSE I see that he came here and has been building towards exactly that goal from the moment he took the job.
So: Crazy question here in the title of this thread. But maybe NOT so "crazy" after all:
We truly aim that high...and "Wouldn't it be great" if it all somehow suddenly came pouring out, came to pass NOW?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesmyday