• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Movin' On"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just figured it was the right time and place to put this up:
A place to VENT--Where members and guests can either complain about what we've seen/been through OR look AHEAD...
Now, there is already a thread up upon which your ideas, fantasies and suggestions for candidates to be discussed, consided or investigated, so THIS one is more just a placne to FREAK OUT at this point...
I don't know about YOU, but I am pretty damn PISSED about WAY TOO MANY THINGS about this team, this season, and EVERYTHING ELSE TO DO WITH US right about now.
THIS is the place for ANY OF THAT.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So here's MY contribution--Pretty well an amalgamation of ALL OF Napier's glaring flaws as a COACH at this level...
You all saw it:
(1) We TOTALLY OUTPLAYED THEM in the first half--but once again, GATORS FOUND A WAY TO LOSE.⁹
I am far from the first witness to call the 3-0 lead at that point "INEXCUSABLE!!!".
(2) The whole GAME amounted to another endless PARADE of "Ways Napier's team finds to LOSE close games they should have WON--Games that shouldn't have been "CLOSE" in the FIRST place!
(3) ANOTHER THOROUGHLY STUPID PENALTY, "TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD" on successful field goal! AGAIN, Fer cryin' out loud! We saw this LAST season and heard how that wouldn't, "COULDN'T happen again" from the Coach when it happened before.
(4) More Coaching Assistants hired by this Head Coach than practically any other program in cÇollege football, and all those sets of "responsible eyes" couldn't somehow do their job and catch that simple (but crucially IMPORTANT) DETAIL?
It goes on. And on.
(5) I couldn't even watch Gator Breakdown's truncated "Post-Game Recap"...Even with Gator Dave's promise to "make it REAL SHORT this time" I just couldn't face even that kind of "express review".
Throw it in the trash, boys. At this point it could only do more HARM than GOOD, IMHO.
Alright; Y'ALL's turn...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...HELL--I left at LEAST five more FAT flaws staring y'all right in ya'll's fat FACES: And no one has ANYTHING to add???
Maybe you are beginning to wear OUT, hit the wall...I know it is starting to happen to me:
Even yesterday I was still PISSED enough to keep right on going MYSELF, GLADLY add another five at MINIMUM...
But the truth is that by now I am getting TIRED. Tired of my own anger. Tired of the same feigned outrage.
I KNOW we should still have fire in our bellies.
If nothing else, THAT should be enough to drive us on.
But these last few years, topping off the coaching mistake after MISTAKE...it HAS been deflating.
Era after era of mediocrity all culminating with a glorified high school coach, a REAL NICE GUY you might want making sure your kids are learning the right SOCIAL VALUES...
Standing up there at ANOTHER post-loss presser, lecturing us all in a soft voice, his fat mitts with curved fingers flailing in front himself as he taps the podium and explains his homespun philosophy ONE MORE TIME--NONE of it having ANY bearing or effect on what we've seen so far, or are LIKELY to see in the way of improvement.
Even BILLY must know he is nothing but a cypher, a place-holder for the NEXT guy to ride in and either make something of the confused mess he leaves behind--or sweeps it all away and STARTS OVER!
NOT exactly a monument to competence, Coach.

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sigh. Graham Mertz confirned out for season.
Kid DEFINITELY deserved better...I really feel for him: He will ALWAYS be a True Gator in MY mind.
So it's DJ's team for CERTAIN now.
But it may not make the difference it once might have--not with the bogus offense this Coach has continued to offer.
Aly Peak's latest podcast (for Monday October 14) documents in stark terms the underlining truth: WE HAVE NOT IMPROVED OR PROGRESSED IN THE SLIGHTEST SINCE BILLY NAPIER ARRIVED.
This isn't just an abstract judgment.
We have either stalled similarly or DROPPED in rank for EVERY analytical point all three years since he arrived: Recruiting, defensive performance, offensive stats--It goes on and on, and Aly simply drones on in listing all that and MORE.
I am sick of second guessing our Coach's poor decisions myself--So I am BEYOND sick of listening to (or reading of) all everyone ELSE'S similar comments...
"I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!!"
Just suck it up and make it through the first portion of Ali's latest, at least as far as her going THROUGH that frustrating, inescapeably revealing list of our endless ranking mediocrity and you will SEE just how and WHY it is time for another Coaching change--a change that I really DIDN'T want to see, but have now come to see is sadly (yet completely) necessary.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Now it's DJ's time. At least it's against Kentucky which could be a toss-up. Hopefully, he could get a few more wins out of the team (we hope). It sucks for Mertz.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesmyday