• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OGT 2024 Week 1: Florida Gators vs #19 Miami Hurricanes 8/31/24

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Canes have doubled the Gators in offensive production in this game. They have silenced the crowd of 90,000+, which bodes well for a Miami victory.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Crowd out of it now too.
So: Who do these bumbling fools behind the program go after to REALLY turn this around?
Better make it a BIG MOVE.
And speaking of "BIG MOVES":
Montrell Johnson gets us back in the game.
Sort of, anyway. A ray of hope, anyway.
Don't know that we have shown enough elsewhere to get TOO excited, but hey--it's something.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. That'll do it.
Sorry, Billy. I like ya, but you just aren't an SEC-level Coach. Total breakdown in your secondary.
You yourself said you had the team you wanted. So wtf are you DOING with them?
This is a heartbreakingly bad performance.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I turned off Billy's silly calm analysis.
GET ANGRY, FOOL! YOU AND YOURS ARE BLOWING IT BIG TIME!!!
Or are you already sure you are gone soon ANYWAY? I thought we'd at least keep this one close.
We. Look. BAD.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hot out there...Anyone gonna stick around to see a half-empty Swamp in the 4th quarter?
Sigh. How many more years of irrelevancy?
I apologize, my friends. I really DID expect much more than this, no matter what.

Escambia94

I will not be able to watch the rest of the game. I need to take care of my mother. She is still dealing with the loss of my father, so off I go to deal with real world stuff.

Go Gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No getting around it, so time to come right out and say it:
The problem here is mainly from the top down.
I KNOW what a MESS that leaves us in, how LONG it will take to "undo/REDO" AGAIN!!!
But this performance pretty wellseals the deal, Don't you think? Or am I wrong?
I WANT to be wrong. I don't care to write off the past (by the time THIS season is over) 3 years PLUS however long it will take even some absolute BRILLIANT HIRE to recover and retool, under the best of circumstances.
It is all just sinking in, even as it all collapses around us.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I will not be able to watch the rest of the game. I need to take care of my mother. She is still dealing with the loss of my father, so off I go to deal with real world stuff.

Go Gators.
She is lucky to have you, as you are lucky to still have each other (sorry for the obvious platitudes).

Never mind this silliness. We all know where this one is headed anyway.

I don't know how any of us will deal with where this whole season (and hence, the PROGRAM) is headed after this. I think we have been released still a mediocre team on BOTH sides of the ball--and it ISN'T for lack of talent.
Sound is off now for 2nd half after they scored AGAIN to start the 3rd. Blow out. Will turn it off soon. What a terribly disappointing performance. This one is BEYOND merely "embarrassing".
If there were an attractive enough alternative, given all leading up to it, and the season still ahead, this one is bad enough to fire and replace your head Coach after Game One!
OK OK. I will spare you further such whining; however, the only way to do that is to shut it down. Shut ME down.
All my heartfelt support to Escambia and his mom at this difficult time.
And it is STILL "great (if currently, painfully DIFFICULT) to be a Florida Gator"GATOR.
We will be back. Somehow. Someday.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
ANOTHER TD. I couldn't even sign off in time to miss this one... abd they are chomping in OUR ENDZONE. Painful. Billy, what hath thou wrought???

Escambia94

DJ Lagway looked pretty good in his second series. Ja’Kobi Jackson and Treyaun Webb gave us some hope.

• 1st & 10 at FLA 42​

(11:07 - 4th) DJ Lagway pass complete to Eugene Wilson III for 11 yds to the MIA 47 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & 10 at MIA 47​

(10:11 - 4th) DJ Lagway pass complete to Eugene Wilson III for 16 yds to the MIA 31 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & 10 at MIA 31​

(10:03 - 4th) DJ Lagway run for 1 yd to the MIA 30
  • 2nd & 9 at MIA 30​

(9:09 - 4th) Ja'Kobi Jackson run for 11 yds to the MIA 19 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & 10 at MIA 19​

(8:51 - 4th) DJ Lagway pass incomplete
  • 2nd & 10 at MIA 19​

(8:40 - 4th) Ja'Kobi Jackson run for a loss of 2 yards to the MIA 21
  • 3rd & 12 at MIA 21​

(8:09 - 4th) DJ Lagway run for 16 yds to the MIA 5 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & Goal at MIA 5​

(8:05 - 4th) DJ Lagway pass complete to Arlis Boardingham for 4 yds to the MIA 1
  • 2nd & Goal at MIA 1​

(7:14 - 4th) Treyaun Webb run for 1 yd for a TD (Trey Smack KICK)

Escambia94

This is the ugliest box score I have ever had to share. To make matters worse, Graham Mertz suffered a concussion.

MiamiFlorida
Points4117
1st Downs2517
3rd down efficiency5-101-9
4th down efficiency0-01-2
Total Yards529261
Passing385122
Comp-Att26-3614-26
Yards per pass10.74.7
Interceptions thrown12
Rushing144139
Rushing Attempts3328
Yards per rush4.45.0
Penalties2-262-25
Turnovers12
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown12
Possession34:3025:30

Escambia94

On the bright side, the Gator defense had a decent performance up front.

LB Grayson “Pup” Howard - 80.8
LB Jaden Robinson - 76.8
F Tyreak Sapp - 76.0
CB Dijon Johnson - 73.3
NT Desmond Watson - 72.9

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member