• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OGT 2024 Week 4: Florida Gators at Mississippi State Bulldogs

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
On the bright side, Napier is doing a better job of alternating QBs.

PlayerC/ATTYDSAVGTDINT
Graham Mertz15/161479.230
DJ Lagway4/44912.300
19/201969.830
Well--it helped HIM that they are BOTH playing so well. But Napier has been CALLING a better game on offense.
But our D really IS putrid.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And our Offense is going against a defense about as bad as OURS today, so it is hard to draw too much encouragement from ANYTHING we have seen here so far this week.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
This might be the last time the Gators look good in a stat box.

FLAMSU
Points2414
1st Downs1710
3rd down efficiency4-54-9
4th down efficiency0-00-0
Total Yards311216
Passing196101
Comp/Att19/209/16
Yards per pass9.86.3
Interceptions thrown00
Rushing115115
Rushing Attempts1824
Yards per rush6.44.8
Penalties1-106-50
Turnovers10
Fumbles lost10
Interceptions thrown00
Possession15:1514:45

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
To tell y'all the truth, it sort of bothers me to see the guys whooping it up on the sidelines after scoring this week...
You've totally CAVED against decent competition at HOME, embarrassed yourselves in front of your own fans TWICE to open the season.
Your defense is letting a mediocre offense drive the field on them. In my view, it seems more like a little ANGER ought to be driving you at this point. It's tge part YOU have control over, no matter WHAT the defense or the coaches do or the media and the fans SAY.
GET PISSED!
YOU HAVE THE POWER!
Score, then SCORE SOME MORE!
You can congratulate yourselves and each other at the END of the game. When you HAVE the win.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Having said that, gotta admit that most of the time the offense HAS looked good.
But as the unit that will likely bring whatever wins we can manage, they will I believe HAVE TO play the rest of this season with a collective chip on their shoulders.
Let's see if they recognize and can make it happen.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We may not win another game after thus one--IF we win THIS one.
Maybe FSU. But maybe not.
We just need so many upgrades on that side if the ball.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think we will LOSE THIS ONE.
We'll have to scratch and claw to pull it out from here. I don't know about y'all, but thus UF team just is poorly prepared and poorly run ingame!
And I just can't stand those post-gamevoressers at this point! Billy's excuses are like nails on glass.
Why didn't WE go fir it on 4th down earlier? Did Billy not recognize the danger? The game "flow"?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We will need to out score these guys the rest of the way. It is the only way.
Beautiful run. All for nothing.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It is all going against us now, my friends.
You KNOW where this is headed.
It eill take a herculean effort to somehow change the way this is headed.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
LEAVE MERTZ IN.
I don't CARE about your "plan", Billy.
None of this "regardless of outcome" BS!
DJ's time will come...but you're in a shootout, and Graham has the hot hand. You say YOURSELF "He's the leader of the team." So use your HEAD.
I don't know that your D is gonna stop ANYONE, so here we go.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm sorry. There are just too many things still wrong with this Gator team and program.
I don't know what you do, whenyou do it, how you do it, but MAN--WE HAVE TOO MANY HOLES ON DEFENSE.
I cannot STAND watching this Gator defense.
We will have to score every possession even to win THIS ONE, with the lead, ftom here.
I am SICK OF THIS WHOLE SEASON ALREADY.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well--I was wrong (and then almost RIGHT at tge end--but never mind that)...DJ marched us down the field after the D FINALLY cane up with a big stop on 4th and goal.
Then he runs it ALMOST IN--then FUMBLES--and BIG O-lineman Barber sticks a paw out in the rndzone and PUTS THIS THING AWAY.
Alright. I don't think even OUR D will blow a 3 TD lead with 8 minutes left. At least NOT against THIS team. I wouldn't say that against anyone else. Maybe we can even grab an INT here.
Point is, I THINK we can relax somewhat.
We STILL cannot stop them--but if they wanna run the ball out, I guess that's better than letting them score quickly.
I wish to HELL this D could at least shut down a mediocre team in the 4th quarter, protect a 3 TD lead. But I am NOT exactly filled with confidence.
My one calming thought is if they scored here, pretty good chance either ONE of our QBs could drive the field on them again to reopen the lead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesmyday