• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OGT 2024 Week 4: Florida Gators at Mississippi State Bulldogs

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No matter what, I guess we should TRY to "enjoy" this win, our first in almost a year against a "power-conference team", and on the ROAD.
IF we win. Because we just gave up ANOTHER TD, against the backup freshman QB.
They have torn us UP on the ground all GAME.
WE are gonna get KILLED against some of the real powerhouse SEC teams ahead. That's how it is when you have a "wet noodle defense"!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So: One more long drive ought to do it here.
But as much as we've seen from our Offense against a crap defense, OUR crap defense is SO bad I'm not sure we'll win another game.
We will HAVE to OUTSCORE whomever we meet the rest of the way, just as we did here--and THEIR offenses will be a whole lot better than these guys, while their DEFENSES will be a whole lot better TOO. It doesn't bode well.
Even now, a bit more than 2 minutes left with a 2 TD lead, it feels like we need to keep pressing, go for it here on 4th down, to win this thing.
But not Billy. He has chosen similarly before.
Hate to say it, but even THAT was kind of candy ass. I don't know. I just resent having to feel poorly about an SEC win on the road.
Sigh. Well, we got a by-week, and then we face UCF with at least a CHANCE to win one more (it'd help to get Tre Wilson back--but after he had to get surgery, that may be too much to ask).
It is CLEAR that after UCF things look even tougher than they did before the season even got underway.
Worst Gator defense I have seen since 1979 (0-10-1 record). Now DJ Johnson goes down. One of the few bright spots on that unit.
I won't be watching the presser.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(NOTE: This defense couldn't even stop them in garbage time until the very end.
PREDICTION:
FINAL RECORD: 4-and-8.
Funny how Vegas so often gets it right!)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I stand corrected. This will be the last stat box with positive results.

FLAMSU
Points4528
1st Downs2830
3rd down efficiency6-911-20
4th down efficiency0-02-3
Total Yards503480
Passing277240
Comp/Att26/2820/34
Yards per pass9.97.1
Interceptions thrown00
Rushing226240
Rushing Attempts3656
Yards per rush6.34.3
Penalties6-248-70
Turnovers11
Fumbles lost11
Interceptions thrown00
Possession27:3632:24

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I stand corrected. This will be the last stat box with positive results.

FLAMSU
Points4528
1st Downs2830
3rd down efficiency6-911-20
4th down efficiency0-02-3
Total Yards503480
Passing277240
Comp/Att26/2820/34
Yards per pass9.97.1
Interceptions thrown00
Rushing226240
Rushing Attempts3656
Yards per rush6.34.3
Penalties6-248-70
Turnovers11
Fumbles lost11
Interceptions thrown00
Possession27:3632:24
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing.
(We MAY have one more shot after the bye-week, against CFU...but with OUR defense facing a better offense, and the Gator Offense presumably facing a better defense--THAT you CAN be sure of--Unless Billy can somehow use the extra week to pull a rabbit out of the hat, this just doesn't appear all that likely.)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I'm pleasantly surprised by this, too soon to say the Gators could have winning record after the UCF game in two weeks?
I love your optimism. I really do. I am nitpicking at this win but not enjoying as a win or possible sign of positive things to come. Go Gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm pleasantly surprised by this, too soon to say the Gators could have winning record after the UCF game in two weeks?
Possibly.
But then there is STILL our CRAP DEFENSE.
Yikes, we are putrid on that side of the ball!
The top SEC teams we face are gonna roll right OVER US. So even if we WERE to find 7⁷ with that "3-and-2" record in a couple of weeks, our time with that "winning record" will end shortly thereafter regardless.
And remember: Even the seeming "mostly dominant efficiency" we might think we were seeing out there yesterday in Starkville was in fact against a defense that is even weaker than OURS!
Oh, my friend, the worst is still to COME I'm afraid. This Gator squad overall has yet to bottom OUT here. I'm sorry: We will be pushed around in worse fashion CONSISTENTLY before this dismal season will be over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesmyday