• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OGT 2024 Week 6: Florida Gators vs UCF Knights

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is so strange: On my TV it is still 7-3...But meanwhile we are getting it done on the field. I guess I'll just watch and see it later--IF it turns out OK...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah--the panties are killing us.
Graham throws a strike on the curl route. 1st and goal.
Then dropped ball in the endzone--but they rough Mertz, so it's 1st and goal at the 3.
C'mon Gators: Quit f'ing around...Get the TD!
(Still 7-3 on my TV: THIS is stupid bad)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here we go:
Johnson with the ball, breaks the plain: TOUCHDOWN!
21-3

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well. Starting to relax a little bit...
Probably a mistake with our defense--though they have held their own so far.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I LOVED hearing their shout out to a GATOR alumnus listening to the game in "Lake Como, Italy".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. We're gonna get one more crack at it here in the 1ST half. Aw MAN. They get a roughing the kicker penalty to give then the first.
NOW Napier gets a penalty for tapping the official on the shoulder to get him to look at the replay up on the monitor. STUPID!
I mean, the officials HAVE apparently been calling some pretty tricky tacky calls, but now they are driving. We had then STOPPED, ready to roll--now we are on our heels.
Just bush league, all around. We should have this one pretty well covered by now.
4th and 9 and they are going for it.
Sacked him!
OK: Our ball, decent field position after all.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So .any PENALTIES. "DID NOT LINE UP ON THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE". Another question able call. We are getting KILLED by penalties here, regardless.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Big run to the 25 yard line! Seconds left now.
Still time for a play or two before taking the 3.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Not bad.
IMG_8747.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
24-3 on the fg by Tre.
AND MEANWHILE, back on my TV we finally scored our second TD early on the 2nd quarter...That's right: This telecast is slmost a full quarter behind.
Still 30 minutes of play left in the actual game:
I will now watch the 2nd quarter play UNTIL LIVE PLAY resumes on WRUF.
NO LETTING UP!
I really hope to see a continued FULL EFFORT the rest of the way.
(...and meanwhile, the telecast just jumped back several moments AGAIN!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? At this rate, the game as THEY are showing it won't end until sometime after MIDNIGHT!
A shame, too: Aside from the penalties, it sounds as if this is the best the Gators have performed as a BALANCED TEAM in a long time! I wish ALL could see it properly.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
UCF moving the ball better on the Gator D this series to start to 2nd half.
I will online to watch as long as the D toughens back up and gets back to stopping their run game here--that is all that it will take.
So far they are NOT getting it done.
I SWEAR: Everyone in the stadium knew what was coming--bug now the defense is back to missing tackles and giving ground.
U less we get real tough RIGHT NOW, we are gonna be in a fight rest of the way.
Probably gonna have to outscore them after all!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Bad penalty by THEM for a change.
SACK back at the 19!
They get the 3. But if our D can shut 'em down from here then maybe we can put this thing AWAY.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
ANOTHER bad penalty. Holding on 2nd and one.
We are starting to play badly again.
3rd and 12 on their 40.
They only get ba k about 6 yards.
And Smack misses the long fg attempt...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I HOPE our defense somehow tightens back up now. Of course I am worried now: This team has NOT shown a whole lot of moxie in these kind of situations under Napier.
We HAD this Game; We haven't OWN it yet--but it COULD get away from us from here:
It is up to the defense.
And they give up 7 to start
PLEASE, guys. ANOTHER missed tackle.
They get a first down as the first downtown start another drive.
It is Tom Petty Night--so this 3rd-to-4th quarter break shoukd be fun (and I won't SEE IT unless we WIN--in which case I will for SURE stick with that f'ed up telecast to SEE it!
I don't like what I am seeing so far here in the 2nd half. It LOOKS like we have eased off on offense--a BIG mistake, if so...'Cause our D looks tired.
SACK! Well timed.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
ANOTHER SACK!
SO: Defense does its job after all.
Now: a long drive here pretty well closes this one out.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Am NOT big on this "try not to LOSE" offense called by Billy here in the 2nd half.
This is one of his problems:
Get folks EXCITED! SHOW IT yourself on the sideline, show it onFIELD in the way you call the offensive game plan!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I knew this would happen if they kept up the "coward's offense". Yes, I guess the "odds" say you'll probably win this way--but DAMN.
NOW another terrible ca against us...Another questionable call, a missed crackle or two on the next run and it s in the endzone.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Of COURSE they don't uphold the targeting call
...But now the Gators get ANOTHEF penalty call to further undermine their chances of converting and continuing the drive.
Now they punt them deep...We are fighting for our LIVES in a game we mostly dominated.
God, I am SICK of this chicken shit Coaching!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesmyday