• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OGT 2024 Week 6: Florida Gators vs UCF Knights

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
A win is a win. Possibly the last of the season. The Gators looked good in the first half, but looked like crap in the second.
IMG_8748.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I MEAN it. Everything we are and COULD be but definitely are NOT is on display here tonight.
Fortunately UCF insists on running their "slow poke offense"--or we'd be in REAL TROUBLE.
But Billy just doesn't seem to grasp the big picture. Neither NOR your team just needs to "barely hold on" for a win.
If there were EVER a time to STEP ON THEIR NECKS, this was one. You get little for "mutual respect between Coaches"!
And FINALLY a big INT to (hopefully) put thus one away.
ANOTHER "somehow not very satisfying" win.
Yes, we DID play probably our best HALF of balanced football in the FIRST half...But at this point Coach and TEAM needed a whole game win, one that pointed to the future on the field AND on the scoreboard.
Not sure this one DOES THAT. NOT the way things somewhat wilted in the SECOND half.
But they did improve and they DID WIN.
So--GO GATORS!
NEXT week it'll be Tennessee.
It will likely take a SPECTACULARLY improved performance on the road to win THAT one.
But NO ONE will be expecting it, either.
Billy says he "likes it better" on the road, that he "has more control over everything"...I haven't observed that yielding a wholevlot of wins OR "improved play", but NOW would be good time to prove everyone wrong by showing them EXACTLY what you mean, Coach.
Until then, We DIDN'T BACK DOWN, did we?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
A win is a win. Possibly the last of the season. The Gators looked good in the first half, but looked like crap in the second. View attachment 895
Yes, exactly--we looked like that other, "USUAL GATOR TEAM" in the 2nd half. THAT squad (the way it is Coached AND the way its game is CALLED) just leaves me cold.
ITS NO FUN, COACH!
And don't think the PLAYERS don't feel it too.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's probably just as well we DIDN'T play the 2nd half the way we did the 1st...I might have begun considering the games left where WE might somehow pull off a few upsets of OUR OWN:
"Can we get to 6 wins, save Billy's job after all?"
I think I can spare us that futile misjudgment and the pain of us "not QUITE making it" there now.
But I am NOT "going there". No way.
And what we saw tonight is just how and WHY this program under Billy Napier has the talent but has consistently UNDERACHIEVED, all too often has repeatedly failed to CLOSE-THE-DEAL!
ANOTHER (more aggressive) UCF squad might well have made us pay AGAIN for OUR "playing not to LOSE" out there tonight.
I don't see any clear and likely wins on the remainder of our season, do you? MAYBE a couple of "CHANCES", but it'd be hard to envision that remaining schedule with any real confidence--not based on what we've seen thus far.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
A win is a win, and hate watching was great. Alabama, Tennessee, and FSU and all lost. Miami should have lost but were protected by the referees again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesmyday