• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OGT 2024 Week 7: Florida Gators at #4 Tennessee Volunteers

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Guys, I am sorry but I just cannot watch anymore.
I hurt.
All I will do from here is complain, so I will simply turn it OFF.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Friends will let me know if something dramatically changes in this game.
They know I have turned it off.
We really had every chance to upset these Vols.
That last fumble ITSELF wasn't Billy's fault, exactly--but virtually EVERYTHING ELSE up TO that play WAS.
I won't bother to review. It hurt too much the FIRST TIME through.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Gators dominate the statistics but not the score board. Bad coaching leaves about 14 points on the board, but Gators hold on to a 3-0 lead.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am turning the game off. Heading to Florida in the morning to survey hurricane damage and meet with probate lawyers over my dad’s property.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have to say (now that I am no longer watching and am beginning to gain some distance and perspective as a result), is that bad as it has been to watch LOT of games during Billy's tenure, THIS has been the most painful BY FAR exactly BECAUSE it is do clear that we had the talent and wherewithal to actually BEAT NOT JUST this team, but a host of the OTHERS who have beaten us, ofttimes (but not always) BADLY during that time.
There is no more his escaping direct responsibility. I know we will have to wait until the very end of the season (or damn near close) to hire his replacement--and there is little point that I can see in firing him much BEFORE that happens unless he is found to have zcted agregiously in some fashion--which of course he HASN'T thus far; such behavior HAS NOTHING to do with why he will now almost certainly be GONE as soon as we can hire his replacement.
Billy Napier has long since simply shown that HE is not up to this JOB. PERIOD.
In no way, shape or FORM.
Yes, the product he has offered us ON THE FIELD COME GAMEDAYS has varied between moribund and UNBEARABLE. But the players ARE playing hard for him. He continues to assemble decent talent and has TRIED to mold them into his own (albeit somewhat misguided) idea of an efficient ongoing TEAM in all phases of the game, so I understand that we might have to WAIT in order to make that (hopefully) big "right move"--let him remain the "place-holder" until then.
I just don't know that I can WATCH any longer.
This torture rack of a performance has simply inflicted TOO MUCH PAIN upon me..
Even recalling exactly why I FEEL that way, the various screw ups that have come rapid fire, one after another here this evening has brought that tense ball of frustrated agony back to my mid-gut once more!
NO! I CAN'T STAND IT!
I refuse to return to it.
Better to just assume the eventual loss, see it confirmed in a couple of hours--and hopefully mostly move on. I MAY see a hint of what has ensued as I go Bout other things NOW--but at keast I won't be LIVING it in what has become the weekly "SATURDAY NORM" as a modern Gator Fan.
We deserve BETTER. That TEAM "deserves BETTER"!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gators dominate the statistics but not the score board. Bad coaching leaves about 14 points on the board, but Gators hold on to a 3-0 lead.
At LEAST "14POINTS".
But I said the sane thing to a UT friend who called, that I figured we should be up "at LEAST 17-3".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am turning the game off. Heading to Florida in the morning to survey hurricane damage and meet with probate lawyers over my dad’s property.Had to go through the same thing re my grandma's back in the 90s...But that wasn't the head on Category 4 Milton was (of all the innocuous storm-names!).
Fare well in your travels, E--...I had to go through the same re my grandma's back in the 90s.
But THAT wasn't after a full-on hit from a Category 4 like Milton (Geez--what an innocuous name for such a powerful storm!).
We'll "talk" here in the next week I guess/hope.
Until then, good luck and be well., Gator.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here is something I must admit to--Though somewhat of a "scientific rationalist", I am paradoxically slso a BIT superstitious--I have a sneaking suspicion that the Universe is run by a "malicious prankster"...
In that light, I ALSO operate under certain odd certainty for example that IF the Gatirs WERE to somehow end up WINNING a pivotal Game like this one, where they had done pretty well everything POSSIBLE to blow ANY chance at pulling off the upset while I was watching, the only time they MIGHT flip the script, cold back in the 2nd half and WIN THE THING would be AFTER I had turned it off in frustrated disgust in the FIRST half.
So from THAT point-of-view, I've done MY part.
NOT, my having said that, y'all oughtta contact your betting site--but there it is.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sure enough, a friend DID call and tell me "Your boys just tied it up with 30 seconds left.
Now we get to lose at the gun?
Should I even watch this??thus???
A game we woulda/shoulda/coulda WON EASILY!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't LIKE that it has come to this--don't particularly like the college overtime,
But here we go.
Hope Billy does the smart thing and plays DJ here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We MUST get the TD here, or we lose.
And NO PENALTIES.
Fuck. Right away, we go backwards.
Gonna lose this game right here now, boys.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Typical. Billy had no clue what to do spur-of-the moment here in overtime.
Whatever chance we had was lost the moment he couldn't plan it all out for days.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesmyday